For a secure premise locks are necessary in order to prevent unnecessary entrance and prevent burglary. When the roller shutter has been closed by pulling it downwards, it needs to be fastened by a lock and key so that it does not run upwards again and remain open. Therefore in order to further secure the roller shutter gates and windows it is necessary to have locks on the roller shutters. Lack of locks on the shutters is like sleeping with an open window. Once the locks have been installed on the roller shuttles, security is assured. With lack of the locks, then anybody can enter into the building which should have been secured. It is proper to install two locks on large gates and windows in order to achieve a symmetrical balance. This balance fortifies the security by offering a balanced security throughout the entrance so that one cannot gain entrance through one side of the roller shutter.
How to install (mount) the roller shutter locks.
These are best mounted on the aluminum roller shutters. The following are the steps that are applied during the installation.
- With the roller shutter lock on their hands, the technician marks the suitable mounting positions for the locks. He marks this on the shutter with the use of a sharp marking tool. He needs to measure this accurately in order to achieve a symmetrical balance if they are two locks. If it is one then he needs to establish the center of the roller shutter.
- After the roller shutter locks have been bought, the technician should establish the size of the holes that it has from the supplier. This guides him on the size of holes that he will drill on the shutter.
- He gets the desired size of drill bits from his tool kit and starts the drilling of holes on the roller shutter. The lock may be in need of two or four holes in order to hold the roller shutter lock firmly in position. The most preferable drill is the electric drill.
- The technician the uses the bolts and nuts of the size of hole that has been drilled on the roller shutter to hold the roller shutter lock on the shutter. He tightens the nut against the nut until no movement can be felt. In case the hole is slightly bigger, it can be fastened by the use of washer nuts in order to achieve maximum firmness.
- The locks are tested if they have been positioned as desired. The technicians should never leave the site until they have tested the locks and are satisfied that they are firmly secured.
Where to buy genuine roller shutter locks
These can be ordered directly from the manufacturers. One can also make an order directly from eBay and other trusted online shops that deal with the original products. They are then dropped at the prescribed locations. Various suppliers like Viro also have their distributors in several strategic positions in order to reach their clients quite easily. Buyers should therefore ensure that they buy the original products from the trusted dealers.